Covid Resources

Have you been stood down due to Covid lockdowns?

To assist you during these unprecedented times, we have collected resources and information that may be relevant to you at this time.

If you have been impacted by a COVID shutdown, you may be eligible for some or all of your benefit to be released as a COVID-19 Special payment.

All the information you need to claim a COVID-19 Special Payment is on the form linked below.

We understand if you can’t physically sign the Form. If you are unable to get your employer to confirm your situation, please contact as and we may be able to assist.

Lodge your claim now by using the Covid-19 Special Payment Form or Member Benefit Claim Form.

For the latest information about the re-introduction of the Covid-19 Special Payment please click here.

Important Notice:

As of Wednesday 25th August 2021, any member (except for those who are affected by the ACT construction industry shutdown) wishing to make a Covid-19 Special Payment Claim will now be required to obtain a letter from their employer confirming they have been stood down. The form does not need to be signed as you will be sending in your Government Issued Photo ID with your claim.

Due to the shutdown, ACIRT is receiving an unprecedented number of calls and claims. Usually claims are processed within 3 business days. While our team are endeavouring to achieve this, some claims may take up to 5 business days to process. We thank you for your patience during this challenging time.

Redundant is defined in the Trust Deed as:

‘The termination or cessation of employment of the member for any reason.’

Upon the member providing the administrator with a completed Benefit Claim Form (including supporting information e.g. separation certificate etc., payment is made direct to the member, either by cheque or Electronic Fund Transfer (EFT).

Employers should note that if the amount contributed on behalf of an employee into ACIRT is less than the Award entitlement, the employer will have a ‘shortfall’ amount which must be paid directly to the employee on termination.

The Australian Government has made a COVID-19 Disaster Payment available for workers adversely affected by the state public health order. To find out more about it and if you are eligible click here.

Some workers from NSW who need money may also be eligible to claim from the long service scheme provided by the State Government. To find out more about it and if you are eligible click here.

With construction grinding to a halt for the foreseeable future, it is important that mental health becomes a priority. During times like these, feelings of anxiety, panic, worry and concern are all normal.

If you need help, FoundoBlue is providing counselling for members via online contact – whether that is on FaceTime, Zoom, Skype or even over the phone.

The number to call is (02) 9810 3117.

Now is the time to band together. Check on your mates, your family and your workers.

Our office open hours are subject to change due to the COVID-19 situation. Claims may still be dropped off even if our offices close. Alternatively, claims may be made online at or call our Contact Centre on 1800 060 467 for assistance.

Our Rhodes office:

Please note that while the Sydney lockdowns are in place, there is only over the counter service available at our Rhodes office and there is no staff available to assist you in filling in your Claim Forms. If you live in an LGA of concern you need a RMS Travel Permit to go to Rhodes.

Need help? Contact us